Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Backgrounds (Version 1.9.6)

Backgrounds is a application that allows you to browse wallpapers perfectly formatted for your android device.

The main things it can do is

- Browse By Categories

- Set As Wallpaper

- Set As Contact Picture

- Slideshows

- Favoritize Your Pictures

Its Ad-Supported on free and unsure if there is a paid version but I must say the ad is placed great at least on the start screen not so much on the picture view screen.

Now the irony of it all is s feature I thought would be there I’m talking about saving to SDCard.

With it lacking that it means you require a additional application to save the current wallpaper and to be honest I hate applications that require additional apps and I hope I ain’t alone there if your gonna make a app make it right and so that you don’t have to download additional applications in order to do things you would think would be implemented already.

But I must say the UI is good swipe or shake to goto next page would be better I think but the current set up is good.

The Pros

- Easy To Use

- UI Good

- Massive Collection Of Images (The most I’ve seen on Android Wallpaper Apps)

The Cons

- No Save To SDCard

- Search Returns No Results Almost Always

- Ads Ruin Viewing Larger Picture

Last Word

This is my first review so please comment and tell me whats great and what needs changing.

All in all this app is good for its purpose, lacking minor features and better ad placing when viewing pictures as well as a better search cause it almost always says No Results (see ScreenShots below).

Final Rating (Out Of 5 *s)

***1/2 (3 And A Half)

ScreenShots



No comments:

Post a Comment