Monday, February 8, 2010

Google Voice

Image representing Google Voice as depicted in...

Image via CrunchBase

I can’t express how much I’m liking Google Voice!  Not only do I use it on my Samsung Moment Android phone, but on my laptop as well.  Google Voice has made my life much more simple.  This is what I love about Google Voice:

  • Transcribed voice messages — no more listening to voice mail!
  • Ability to have certain contacts directed right to voice mail, not even ringing your phone!  Good for bill collector calls!
  • Ability to full-on block specific callers!
  • Create personalized outgoing messages for specific contacts!

I absolutely abhor listening to voice mails left for me on my mobile phone.  With Google Voice, whenever I receive a voice message, it is transcribed, and I’m able to read it instead of listening to it!

On my Android mobile phone, I have the Google Voice app, which I got via the Android Market.  After launching the Google Voice app, tap Menu –> compose; this is where I use Google Voice to send text messages, sms.

I also love the ability to send sms right from Google Voice on my laptop.  All of my contacts have magically appeared in the Google Voice interface!  I love this stuff!  Now that I see my contacts, I have selected a few friends, clicked on “edit Google voice settings,” and recorded a personalized message for these people.

I’m loving the Google Voice Chrome extension!  The extension/add-on can be found in the Chrome Extension gallery at:  http://wp.me/pN9T49.

I’m citing Google’s description for the features of this awesome extension for Chrome:

Features:

  • Adds a button to the toolbar, which displays the number of unread messages in your Google Voice inbox.
  • Audible alert on new messages (can turn off in extension options).
  • Gives you quick access to your most recent messages with transcripts and voicemail playback.
  • Lets you initiate calls and send free text messages by just typing any number or contact name.
  • Makes phone numbers on websites callable via Google Voice by just clicking on them.
Related articles by Zemanta
  • Complete-ish Guide to Google Voice (notratched.wordpress.com)
  • Use Google Voice to send SMS to multiple recipients (techburgh.com)
  • Google launches click-to-call with Voice extension (v3.co.uk)
  • Google Voice Extension For Chrome Adds Click To Call And Other Killer Features (techcrunch.com)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

[Via http://myeverythinggoogle.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment