Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sometimes change happens too fast.

When I started making Auto Memory Manager (AMM…I really need to come up with a better name for this app) one of the things I tried to do was to let the user configure and apply the settings in as few steps as possible.  With this in mind I made it so that settings would get applied when a user pressed one of the buttons.  After looking at the feedback from Market and other friends it seems that this isn’t as intuitive as I imagined and has cause some confusion.  So the next point release as well as tidying up the code I’m going to also change how the buttons work so that it will be more in line with what people expect to see.

At this stage I will use the traditional select and apply model which is the most obvious (I hope).  The preset buttons will show the users the settings on the bars and when they have chosen the settings they want to apply they can press the (new) Apply button.  For a custom setting users can just play around with the sliders and press the Apply button.  Sounds simple/obvious enough?  I hope so.  :)

[Via http://madsquirrelapps.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment