Friday, February 5, 2010

Twitter as a Travel Tool

I just downloaded Seesmic for Android in an attempt to get more and more use out of Twitter on the mobile platform. A lot of people complain about Twitter, but recently I’ve discovered that its a great tool for keeping up to date with the world while you’re on the road. In the past when I was traveling, I’d often be in airports all day, work in the evening, and then get back to my hotel room and want to go to bed. Do this for a week and all the sudden it’s easy to see how news and current events pass you by.

On my last few trips, I’ve used Twitter as a means of keeping in touch. It lets me do a lot of things, including:

  • Keep in touch with my family
  • Get trending news
  • Keep up on reading

Depending on who you follow, how you use lists, etc. Twitter can be a powerful tool for gathering and sorting information. With Seesmic’s support for lists, I may end up creating more lists because now I’ll have access to them at my fingertips.

[Via http://delayed-again.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment