Friday, November 6, 2009

Google Android phones

Anyone else interested in the new Google Android phones?  I have been a long time Verizon subscriber and have been waiting for a smart phone ever since the iPhone first came out.  I refused to leave Verizon since I have been a very satisfied customer.  I almost jumped ship with the announcement of the Palm Pre, but at last I was not convinced it was the phone for me.

Now that Verizon has struck a partnership with Google, they have released two new Google Android phones.  Not sure if you all have been following the news (I am a tech geek at heart, what can I say), but today was the official release for the the HTC Droid Eris $99.00, and the Motorola Droid $199.00.  Since I have been a long time customer of Verizon I automatically get a $100.00 credit to renew my contract off any phone, so essentially I can get the new Eris for free, except that I would have to pay the taxes.  Although the Droid is an overall better phone, and bigger I do personally like the smaller Eris.

Hopefully over the weekend I’ll decide which phone to get.  I am mostly undecided because I do like the actual specs on the Droid, but I really do love the UI Sense on the Eris and it’s compact size.  I demo both yesterday and to my surprise the Eris felt really good in my hand.  Oh well I see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment