Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WTB Motorola Droid

So I’ve been drooling over this phone since a friend introduced it to me. My current phone, a thin Samsung slide phone with 3.2 megapixel camera and lags every so often is kinda dead already. It has more scars than I have on my body and it has been dropped countless times. The other day, I was about to pick up the phone, and I dropped it. It flew across my room and the back cover and battery came apart. After which, I often called people and asked why they hung up on me, when they never did. You get the picture. Anyway, I’ve been shopping around for a 3G phone for sometime. I couldn’t make up my mind between an iPhone (which will make my iPod touch irrelevant and I don’t really want the same phone as everyone else), a Blackberry and HTC. Thing is, all these phones are huge and bulky. They would not fit into the backpocket of my jeans. BUT, the Motorola Droid seems to have the perfect dimensions. And after reading a couple of reviews, it seems to be superior to the iPhone. And I heard the Android phones are really versatile and fast. Who cares if Apple has 90,000 over apps and the Android market only has 10,000? Compact, fast, looks decent, I’m sold.

 

Now, here’s the bad news for you and me living in the sad part of the world which those European and US companies ignore:

1. It is currently only available to Verizon in US. It is linked to the service provider. Think Singtel iPhone monopoly.

2. Unlocked phones cost about USD599. (Verizon ones cost about USD200 after discount. And there is sucha thing as unlimited data usage for phones in US. So unfair)

3. Motorola has shut down in Singapore and none of the service providers bring in Motorola phones anymore.

 

Now someone get me the damn phone or get me a green card to migrate to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment