Friday, March 12, 2010

A long time ago....

I won’t finish that line since I’m fairly sure George Lucas would sue me…

Hello all my faithful readers, it has been nearly 1 year since my last posting, and even longer since I posted anything relevant to the blog.  Allow me to bring you all up to speed on my life (as if you care…)

Last year, around March / April I was given a sizable promotion at work.  This lead to a huge increase in my workload and sucked away any semblance of free time that I used to have.  A year later, with things looking up,  I have made the decision to take BACK my life and start blogging again.

I stopped for two reasons, one was the massive new load of work I inherited.  The second was a seemingly dull and unintersting landscape for my topic, Canadian Telecommunications news namely consuming television online in Canada.

Over the last several months a lot has happened however.  Canada welcomed a new Wireless Carrier in the form of Wind Mobile, Bell Canada scored a huge victory in being able to skrew Canadian’s everywhere, and Rogers released their first Android Phones.

Add to that massive bandwidth caps popping up everywhere and Rogers, Bell, and now other major Canadian telcos providing online television viewing through the barrier of a paywall, and you end up with a country ripe for discussion and change.

Lastly, the Conservative Government of Canada finally doing something Conservative (while technically Liberalizing Canada’s investment laws) and announcing plans to begin opening the Great White North to foreign investment in the telecom sector.

It’s an exciting time for Canadians (although many don’t know it).  The world is about to change (again… no one sees it, or cares) but I am going to be here, standing between the darkness and the light…. (sorry I am having a Babylon 5 moment)  Over 145,000 of you have read my blog, and I am humbled by so high a number.  I’ve updated the look with a new theme and will be writing more over the next few days.

–malocite

[Via http://malocite.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment